We live in a fast moving world.
And as bloggers, we are living in a more faster blogging world.
When it comes to blogging, you have to make sure that your blog loads fast.
If you want to be classed as a pro blogger then your blog should be moving at a great speed when it comes to loading a page.
Your blog will even have more success when it is fast.
Here are some reasons why you should have a fast loading blog.
[box type=”spacer”]First Impression Is Always The Best[/box]
Lets say that you have done a great guest post so that you can bring in some traffic back to your blog through that guest post.
The readers from that blog enjoyed reading what you have written for that blog. They want to know more about you or get more great blogging tips from you.
Readers have decided to click on the links that you have left in your guest post to visit your blog.
They sit at their computers and after 1 minute and a few seconds, your blog finally loads.
How do you think that these first time visitors will feel?
What sort of impression do you think is placed on these first time visitors?
Not a good first impression!
Some of these first time visitors might not even wait for your blog to load, they might even leave. So right there and then you start to lose traffic to your blog.
The faster your blog loads then the more traffic you will have on your blog.
[box type=”spacer”]You Will Lose Out On Affiliate Sales[/box]
The faster your blog is, then the more sales you will make through affiliate marketing.
Along with great content, a blog that loads faster has more chances of making affiliate sales.
If your blog loads faster and you have some great affiliate products that you are marketing then your blog visitors may take more notice of your affiliate links and even purchase through your affiliate links.
The faster your blog loads, the more traffic to your blog and the longer they will stay as well. This also gives more chances you have of getting more clicks to your affiliate links and making sales.
[box type=”spacer”]You Get More Readers To Your Articles[/box]
When your blog loads fast, you will realize that you get more readers to your articles.
Blogging is not only about making money, its also about educating through publishing of articles on the niche that the blog is in.
So in order for your blog readers to gain some knowledge on what you have written, then they need to get faster access to your articles.
If your blog takes longer to load then how much knowledge will your blog readers get?
They might get fed up with your blog’s slow loading time and get information from another blog.
The more readership that you have on your blog then the more comments you will be getting as well.
[box type=”spacer”]Helps To Improve Your Search Engine Ranking[/box]
If you optimize your blog for search engine results and your blog is hardly getting any traffic from search engines, it may be because your blog is slow.
If your blog loads slow then chances are that search engine robots have a hard time crawling your blog as well.
People who visit your blog is not the only ones who have to wait on your blog to load, robots from search engines have to wait as well.
The slower your blog, the longer the search engine bots takes to crawl your blog and then the longer it will take to get your blog or your articles indexed.
The faster your blog then the better your blog to get crawled regularly and then your blog or articles will be indexed faster.
[box type=”yellow”]Tips On How To Make Your Blog Load Faster[/box]
Here are some awesome tips on how to make your blog load faster.
- Install a cache plugin on your blog (This will help to decrease the loading time of your blog when a cache plugin is installed)
- Install plugins which are more important to your blog (The more plugin you install then the slower your blog becomes)
- Remove unused plugins (If you don’t use a plugin anymore then remove it from your blog completely. Keeping inactive plugins as well helps to slow down your blog)
- Pay for your own hosting (Free hostings are normally slow. If you want your blog to be faster then use a popular host such as Hostgator.com)
- Host your own images (If you link to images from other sites, chances are that your blog will load slow as well, because it would have to requesting the image from another site)
- Don’t have too much images on one page and also decrease the size of your images (Having too much images on one pages can cause your page to load very slowly)
- Optimize and repair your blog’s database regularly (Your blog’s database can get corrupted and bloated which can make your blog slow or inactive. Optimizing and repairing every now and then will do the trick)
A faster loading blog always has more success, of course this goes along with great content.
So if you have top quality contents on your blog, then be sure to make your blog fast, because this is another trick to becoming a successful blogger.