Today, you must have already heard about the terms ‘blog’ or ‘blogger’. It’s certainly not a new avenue to generate income online, but for many individuals it is. Most of these persons quit their 9-5 jobs to live a life of freedom. On the other side of the spectrum however, getting started with WordPress so that you can blog is not as difficult as many think. Nonetheless, there are some key things to take note of.
First of all, if you’re new to WordPress, like this is literally your first time; you’ll have tons of reading to do. Furthermore you’ll make a lot of mistakes like everyone else did, even the pros. While this is not to discourage you from using WordPress it is a mere ‘foolish advice’ just incase you think that it’s all easy breezy as a newbie. WordPress is the most popular Content Management System (CMS) for millions of successful bloggers so it is definitely recommended for new bloggers as well.
Setting Up WordPress
Getting started with WordPress is the easy part you think? Well, it’s not but it’s not difficult either! In order to have a fully working website that you can use to start your blogging career, you must do quite a few things as seen in the steps below:
1. Install WordPress – This is the easiest step when getting started, all you need to do is install WordPress via your hosting provider. This is usually done with an option called ‘one click install’. Once done you will be able to create a user name and login for your WordPress site.
2. Update WordPress- Immediately after installing your WordPress Website, you now need to focus on updating it. There’s an update toolbar on the right side of the controls that you can use to complete this step.
3. Install necessary plugins – If you need to add social media buttons to your site or check the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of your content, then you’ll need to install some plugins. Plugins are available for just about any tweak you want to add to your website as well.
4. Choose a niche and write some killer content– After choosing a suitable niche, you are now ready to write! Content is king so you should enusre that you have some really good articles lined up before you do anything else. This is what your audience will read when they visit your site. If there is no content then blogging would not make any sense.
5. Customize your WordPress Site- Finally, if you have a spectacular design that you dreamt of, then why not customize your site? Do keep your audience and niche in mind though when designing and customizing your blog.
In today’s fast paced, technology oriented world, more and more individuals are building online businesses. It is a great way to earn income and eventually gain a life of freedom too. Starting off your business requires a few steps before you can actually reach a milestone. Starting off with WordPress is one of the most important phases since blogging revolves around creating content.
This post was written by kemmythegeek. If you’re interested in technology related news, gadgets, how to and reviews then you can check out his blog here: gadgetsling. Feel free to leave your thoughts about this article in the comment section as well!