Ronald Reagan once said, “The most terrifying words in the English Language are: I am from the government and I am here to help”. Yet we really are here to help!
Nowadays English is widely used all over the world. It is an international language that is getting more and more popular day by day. Having profound knowledge of English will allow you to become a more competitive professional, reach cultural competence and communicate effectively. So the question is “How to learn English?”. There are many possible answers. Yet, we are here to suggest the most efficient and productive 5 tips. So, here you go!
- An old saying says “Practice makes it perfect”. In order to learn a language one should constantly try to practice it. The best way is finding a study partner who will help you stay focused and be more responsible. Yet there is an easy way out. linguistbook.com is a unique language-learning platform that successfully combines entertainment with learning. It’s a language-learning community where people from different corners of the world come together to develop their language skills and communicate with each other. So if you are eager to be part of this big language-learning community, make sure to create your free account and communicate with people with different cultural backgrounds.
- Don’t be afraid of making mistakes. Many people are not self-confident enough to speak up. But there is not actually anything to be scared of. Remember: It is okay to make some mistakes as long as you don’t give up and continue working on your skills. English is not your mother tongue! So, making mistakes is fine. Stay positive!
- Enrich your vocabulary! There are some topics that are used in our everyday life. The ability to talk about these topics will ensure you can communicate effectively. Topics such as Education, Entertainment, Traveling, Family, etc. are so much spoken about that the corresponding vocabulary will definitely guarantee for you productive communication. Meanwhile, linguistbook.com is again here to help! This free language-learning network has a separate section where articles concerning above-mentioned topics are provided. You are encouraged to read those articles, learn new words and answer the questions to test your reading comprehension. Furthermore, it is highly advisable to practice the newly learnt words while communicating via the social network of LinguistBook.
- Think in English! Many people spend a huge amount of time trying to translate this or that sentence from their mother tongue to English. This problem is more obvious during oral communication or while writing an essay. Besides being rather time-consuming it also negatively influences the productivity of an individual. Thinking in the target language can be absolutely helpful and efficient for developing one’s language skills.
- Listen, listen and again listen! It goes without saying that listening is considered to be one of the four core skills determining linguistic competence. To be able to communicate fluently and smoothly one needs to pay particular attention to his/her listening skills. Now, we face another problem: how to choose the right listening activity? There are many online websites that can be helpful. Among those websites, linguistbook.com stands out. The listening activities are designed to test one’s listening comprehension and deliver fun. The topics are various and are chosen to be either informative or entertaining. This language learning community aims at constant progress through various interactive methods and modern activities. Keep moving forward!