When it comes to making money online blogging is a great way in which you can do so.
If you’re a blog owner then you can earn tons of money online, but of course this depends on the approach that you take in to it. Many bloggers make a living online and they do so by building a blog which people flock to. In turn they can now sell advertising space and make tons of money.
Apart from affiliate marketing, selling your own products or pay per clicks, selling advertisments on your blog can help you to earn money from your blog.
Last week I made $90 by selling ads on this blog. Imagine if I made that amount of money selling ads on my blog every week. That means for each month I would be pulling in at least $360.
In this blog post I will give you some tips on how you can sell advertisements on your blog so that you can make some money.
[box type=”red”]3 Steps To Sell Ads On Your Blog[/box]
You Need Traffic – When it comes selling ads on your blog then you need to have traffic. Lots of traffic!
Website owners, bloggers and online business purchase ads in order to grow their website traffic or to attract customers to their online businesses. In order to make money selling ads on your blog then you need to build up your blog traffic so that these advertisers have another reason for choosing your blog to advertise on.
If your blog traffic is low then you will find it hard selling ads on your blog no matter how cheap you make it. So your first step in selling ads on your blog is to build up your blog traffic.
Set Up Advertise Here Page – Your Advertise Here page plays a very big role in selling advertisements on your blog as well. If you are selling ads on your blog, don’t have an advertise here page and doesn’t have any success in selling ads, then you need to set up your page right away.
On your advertise here page, you need to give a few details about your blog such as monthly traffic, your Alexa rank, current advertisement space that are available, price for the ads and also some purchasing guidelines.
Doing this will give you more chances of selling out the ad spaces on your blog.
Advertisement Price, Size And Location – Location, location location… Another important factor to consider when selling ads if you want to do so effectively.
Most of the times blog owners don’t make money selling ads from their blog because of the location where they want to sell it. You have to be thoughtful in where advertisers would like to see their banner on your blog. Visit your competitors blog and look to see where they have placed their ads for sale.
Pricing of your advertisements for sale is one of the things you need to look into if you want to make money selling ads on your blog. If your ads are too costs too much then chances are that you won’t sell a single spot on your blog. You should set prices according to your blog’s traffic as well. The more traffic you have then the higher your price may be.
The size of the banner is important as well if you are selling banner advertisements. You need to use the most popular sizes to sell ads on your blog.
Size such as: 125×125, 468×60, 300×250 or 728×90.
Using those sizes will help you to sell more ads on your blog.
[box type=”red”]How To Sell Advertising Space On Your Blog[/box]
[button type=”engraved” color=”blue” link=”http://www.oiopublisher.com/ref.php?u=4380″]OIO Publisher WordPress Plugin[/button]
I use a great WordPress plugin called OIO Publisher to sell ads on this blog. It is so easy and fun to use for selling ads on my blog. With this plugin I get to control all my ads and also I get to keep 100% of the money that I made selling ads on this blog.
With this plugin your payment is automated when selling ads. You can to customize your ad space just the way you want it and you can place it just about anywhere you like.
OIO Publisher allows you to:
- create custom banners (any size you want)
- set your prices (per day, per click or per impression)
- set how many ads will be advertised in that zone (multiple rotating ads)
- set no-follow or do-follow to ads (you can also charge extra for do-follow link as well)
- sell text link ads (inline texts in posts or in sidebar)
[button type=”engraved” color=”blue” link=”http://crankyads.com”]Cranky Ads WordPress Plugin[/button]
Cranky Ads is also another WordPress plugin which is designed to help you sell ads on your blog.
CrankyAds gives you the power to –
- Rotate banners on your blog
- Create unlimited zones and ad campaigns, meaning you can place multiple banners of any size anywhere in your blog layout
- Set price and duration for campaigns
- Allow sponsors to purchase ad campaigns directly from your site, without wasting time through negotiations or manual uploading of banners
- Easily review, approve and cancel campaigns through an online management system here at CrankyAds.com
Here are 3 unique features of CrankyAds:
- The plugin automatically creates an “advertise page” and places it in your navigation bar if your blog theme allows it. This page lists all the prices and statistics that potential advertisers need to know and makes it possible for them to directly purchase campaigns without ever needing to contact you. They just pick the campaign they want and make a purchase.
- You have complete control over whether to approve campaigns or nor in your personal admin panel here at CrankyAds.com. All you need to do is check that the money came through into your Paypal account from the advertiser and that the advertiser banners are a good fit for your site, then click the approve button and the campaign is active.
- Campaign management focuses less on features and more on usability. All you really need in an advertising management system is an easy way to place banners on your site, take payments from sponsors and collect basic statistics on advertising performance. Why make things complicated by including too many options that you don’t need or use? CrankyAds focuses on the basics.
[button type=”engraved” color=”blue” link=”http://buysellads.com”]BuySellAds.com[/button]
This is a site which website owners and bloggers use to sell ads on their blog. Used by millions of people to sell ads on their blog and also free to use.
You sign up and create your ad zones and set your price. Place the code on your blog and you are ready to sell that ad space.
[box type=”red”]More Tips To Sell Ads Faster[/box]
Many people fail to sell ads on their blog from their blog. Here are a few tips that you can use to sell all the ad spaces from your blog.
Write Original Quality Content – If you want to be one the top bloggers on the internet then you need to write original and top quality content for your blog. No one would want to advertise on a blog that has duplicate or stolen content. Also aim to write high quality content, this will help to make your blog more successful.
Publish Regularly – Remember publishing regular will help to inform advertisers that you are an active blogger. Doing this will make them want to advertise on your blog without even hesitating to purchase.
Increase Your Blog Traffic – As I mentioned above, traffic is really important when it comes to selling ads on your blog. People advertise so that they can gain traffic to their website, blog or online businesses. If your blog doesn’t have much traffic then it will hardly have any success in selling ads.
Advertisement Location – Place advertisements for sale in location where people want to get their banners shown. Header, sidebar and near the content area are great places to advertise.
Let Advertisers Choose Location – Most times I make money selling ads on my blog because the advertiser want their ad to be shown in specific place on my blog. Let them choose where they want to advertise and then work out a price, if this is comfortable to you.
Don’t Over-Crowd – If you place too much advertise here banners all over your blog then chances are that you will fail to sell even one of that ad space. Having too much ads on your blog can make your blog look like a messy billboard.
Also having a few ads on your blog will make the advertisers rush to buy that ad space, because they want to get it before someone else. After that ad space is sold then you may add a few more if you wish.
Your Advertise Here Page Helps – On this page you can give reasons and benefits why advertisers must advertise on your blog. State your traffic stats, Alexa rank, price, size and location. Also leave a contact forum on that page so that advertisers can contact you if they want to purchase from another location on your blog.
[box type=”spacer”]In Conclusion[/box]
Many people sell ads on their blog and this helps to pay the monthly bills. Others do it and make a living. Selling ads from your website or blog can get you lots of money online.
I sell ads on my blog to help pay for tools online which help to make this blog better each day and also to put a little money in my pocket.
Are you selling ads on your blog? If yes, how has it been so far?