This is a guest post by the full-time blogger, Kyle Logue from KyleLogue.com
If you would like to write a guest post for WebMaster-Success.com, please check out the guest post guideline page.
Traffic, traffic, traffic! Everyone seems to be out to drive millions of viewers to their blogs by getting backlinks, optimizing SEO, and using social networking. But are your articles written in a way that attracts visitors?
Most likely the focus of your website or blog has been lost somewhere in the early development stages if your traffic has dwindled or even died off. Starting a blog is exciting and the thought of being able to make money blogging is even more exciting. It’s important not to get lost in the mix though! Tweaking your blog’s visual layout and setting up Google AdSense is important, but your blog’s content is even more important.
Here’s some tips to keep in mind while you write.
- Make your article title interesting! No one wants to read a variation of material that has already been beaten to death by other bloggers, but if you use creative, short titles that grab the attention of visitors, you can shed new light on a topic. Just as the title of your blog is important to grab visitors from Google, your article titles are just as important. Just because readers have made it as far as your website does not mean they’re going to stay especially if they’re uninterested in what they see.
- Organize your article with bold styling, paragraphs, indentation, and bullets! If you make an article easier to read, it’s more likely to be read. This concept is pretty simple. Bold sections of your article are going to stand out to the reader. Use them to encourage the page scanners to dig down into the content of your article.
- Keep your articles short! If I’m a visitor to your blog and I see that your articles are like books, I’m going to let out a pretty big sigh. Readers want to get the juicy bits quickly. If you draw your content out into articles that are longer than 700 words, your readers will have to make a considerable commitment before they actually sit down to read.
- Communicate with your readers! Blogs have comments for a reason. Readers want interaction not only with other visitors, but also with the author. It’s also a great resource for new blog topics.
- Proof-read your articles! You might be the most amazing writer in the world, but if your articles are full of grammatical mistakes and misspellings, you might get laughed at. These errors will only cause further distraction to your readers and cause them to more quickly leave your website.
These are just a few of the key ways to help you generate more traffic by writing more effectively. Keep in mind that content on your blog will be the saving grace or the path to destruction. Make sure you’re writing on a niche that you’re very knowledgeable on. Take your time and do it right without rushing and you’ll be well on your way to making money blogging.